Winner – Selling LipService
• Submissions will be open from the 1 April 2017 to 31 May 2017.
• We welcome innovative writing and the exploration of languages capturing the multilingual landscape in South Africa and the world; nevertheless, the entries must be primarily in English.
• Only permanent residents or citizens of South Africa may apply.
• Authors must not have had a work of fiction (novel or novella) published prior to the award.
• The award is judged blind, so manuscripts that feature the author’s name or details by which they may be identified will be disqualified. The manuscript should be marked with the title of the work only.
• An electronic copy of the manuscript, along with a short biography (100 words or less) and author details should be submitted to Jacana Media via our website.
• In addition, three printed copies of the manuscript must be sent to Jacana Media, addressed to:
THE DINAANE DEBUT FICTION AWARD
C/O JACANA MEDIA
10 ORANGE STREET
• Please use a font size of 12, Times New Roman and 1.5 spacing (no other formal formatting is required).
• Also insert page numbers.
• Please bind all three hard copies that you submit to us.
• Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
• Manuscripts should be a minimum of 40 000 words in length. Short stories do not qualify. Submissions must have been authored
by one person. Co-authored pieces or works of collaboration do not qualify.
• Any entries that secure a publishing deal before the shortlist has been confirmed must be withdrawn by the author.