This series of five books has been designed to provide easy to understand, fact-filled information on:
• key influences, such as climate, soils and fire;
• plant and animal adaptations;
• some of the different regions within each biome;
• future threats to the biome; and
• current conservation initiatives.
The books have been written for learners looking for reliable and concise information on the biomes of South Africa. Included is a section of activities and fun quizzes relating to the information contained in the books. Each book has a selected list of websites and reference books for learners wishing to study further on their own. The books will be useful for school projects as reference material, as well as for discussions in the classroom.
|Parameters of Book: Book|